Sorry, this job has expired.
Full time, Part time
Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
At TA-Petro we’re looking for people who are dedicated to improving the quality of life on the road for professional drivers and the traveling public. We need people who understand the importance of a good value and who’ll go out of their way to deliver it. We want our customers to be so satisfied with our service, they choose us every time they travel. And that level of satisfaction starts with TA and Petro people.
We are currently hiring a Janitor.
As the Janitor you will play an important role in helping to maintain a safe & clean environment at our travel plazas. You will work under the direction of the Store Manager and be responsible for the following duties:
• Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping or scrubbing as needed.
• Servicing, cleaning & supplying amenities to restrooms on a consistent basis to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Gathering & emptying trash bins.
• Cleaning debris from the parking lots & surrounding grounds as needed.
• Removing snow from sidewalks & parking areas.
• Performing minor repairs to plumbing or electrical systems.
• Following procedures for the use of chemical cleaners & power cleaning equipment to prevent damage to floors/fixtures.
TA/PETRO offers Medical/Dental benefits, meal discounts, uniforms and the chance to learn additional maintenance skills for future internal job postings.
We offer terrific benefits, including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) with match
• Paid vacations and holidays
• Short-term disability Insurance
• Jury duty
• Military training
• Employee discounts
In order to be successful in this position you must have:
• Good personal grooming.
• Good communication skills.
• Cash handling skills.
• Have at least 1 year of experience.
• Be able to work various shifts, including holidays and weekends as needed.
• Meet the requirements for the needed physical tasks.
• Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Be able to use motion that entails pushing, pulling, stretching, and continuous bending and lifting.
TravelCenters of America LLC (TravelCenters), headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, conducts business in 43 states and Canada, principally under the TA® and Petro Stopping Centers® travel center brands and the Minit Mart® convenience store brand. TA and Petro Stopping Center locations offer more variety and popular national and regional quick serve brands along with full-service sit-down restaurant options. In early spring of 2016, TravelCenters acquired the Quaker Steak & Lube® casual dining restaurant chain based in Sharon, Pennsylvania.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.